If you want to be taken seriously as a professional makeup artist, it is crucial to be proficient in working with people of all skin tones!
If you don’t feel fully confident in your skillset when it comes to mastering all skin tones, it’s a good idea to brush up on your skills & get them in tip-top shape – Here’s 5 reasons why;
- Inclusivity and Diversity: The beauty industry is diverse, and clients come from various ethnic backgrounds. Makeup artists should be able to cater to the needs of clients with different skin tones, ensuring that everyone feels represented and included.
- Client Satisfaction: Clients want to feel confident and beautiful, regardless of their skin tone. A makeup artist who is skilled in working with a diverse range of skin tones can meet the unique needs and preferences of each client, leading to better results for EVERYONE.
- Broadening Career Opportunities: Makeup artists who can work with clients of all skin tones open themselves up to a wider range of career opportunities. This may include opportunities in the fashion industry, film and television, editorial work, and other diverse fields.
- Market Demand: The demand for makeup artists who can cater to a diverse clientele is increasing. Brands and clients alike are recognizing the importance of diversity and are seeking makeup artists who can meet these evolving standards.
- Professionalism and Reputation: Being able to work on all skin tones is a sign of professionalism and expertise. A makeup artist with a reputation for inclusivity is more likely to attract a broad clientele and be considered a versatile and skilled professional.
At KLMA our course syllabus ensures confidence in ALL skin tones! We also offer 1:1 top-up skill enhancing lessons for already trained artists who want to brush up on their skills and expertise.
Interested in training with us?
Check out what we have to offer ; https://klmaacademy.co.uk/our-courses